Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Love

1 John 5:14, "And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him. And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that He will give us what we ask for."

Do you know that my requests are being granted. It is not in the money you bring home. It is not the earthly pleasures that you are able to provide for me. My prayers and requests are granted because of the love that you show for our Lord. The more you fall in love with Him, the more you fall in love with me. The two go hand in hand. Eight years today! We have been married for eight years and every day our home gets more secure. It is not because financially we are better off. Christ never promised security in that way. In fact, He would promise security in the opposite direction. Luke 18:22, "The man replied, 'I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.' When Jesus heard his answer, he said, 'There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'”

I am more proud of you today than I ever was when you drove your Z3. I know where the strength of a man is held. It is not held in his physical strength. No, that always fades. It is not held in how much money he makes. No, the government will make sure of that. It is not shown in his house that he builds, or in this world at all. The strength that I see is a strength that most miss with their eyes, for they are looking through the fog, but I see clearly. I see your strength when you do not panic and you trust in our God. For that is where your true strength is revealed.

I am so proud of you. I am proud of the man you are. I do not see the things of the world as others do. I see God. As long as you are focused on Him, I see your strength. He is what gives true strength to a true man. When I see your anger and discouragement, that is when I have the hardest time, for your focus is taken away from God and my security is shaken. Keep your focus my love. Stay strong. We are doing great.

You have work to do. I have been talking to you a lot about Nehemiah, I see his call in yours. He had a most impossible task before him. The only way he was able to do his job well and complete it, was his focus. He kept his focus on God through all of the trials. He was focused on God while he had a sword strapped to his waist ready to fight the opposition. You are rebuilding a business. Keep your focus on God, but also keep one hand on your sword. You have more strength than any man I have ever met. I know, for I have tested that strength. My love, the main thing a woman wants is security. It is not security that this world offers. All those things are temporal. My greatest need is for you to keep your focus, then I am secure.

Psalm 19, "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world...The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living. Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb."

I have written you many love notes in the past, but this time my job is different. I am called to be your help mate, and this time I am your being you boxing coach. I am here to cheer you on and help you win this fight. I am so proud of you. I am so proud to be your wife. I am so in love with you...

No comments: