Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love

There is an old country song that describes how most of us have spent our younger years of life, looking for love in all the wrong places. Actually, I cannot say younger years. As we get older we still search in vain trying desperately to fill a void in our hearts that can only be sung by One. I fell hard for someone that I thought could sing his beautiful songs into my heart. I was young and in no way was I looking in any of the right places. We ran away, feeling the moment and got married in Vegas. I thought that just because we were married that anything was right. Anything that we wanted we could have. We entered into our marriage without boundaries and we almost died in our marriage without boundaries. "You get into an illicit relationship and very soon you will be justifying many other illegitimacy's. It will turn desire into disrespect if not hatred," (RZ). There are some places within the heart that no one should ever touch! But with God all things can heal, nothing is to be left untouched.

In Genesis 24 Abraham is very old and he wants to find his son Isaac a wife before he dies. He calls for his servant and sends him on a journey, back to his homeland, to find a wife for his son. The servant finally reached a spring and stopped his camels there. He prayed that God would reveal the right woman for his master. “LORD, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.” When Rebekah reached the well everything that he had prayed came true and after meeting her family, she left with him to marry Isaac. "...Now Isaac, went out to the field one evening to meditate, and as he looked up, he saw camels approaching. Rebekah also looked up and saw Isaac. She got down from her camel and asked the servant, 'Who is that man in the field coming to meet us?' 'He is my master,' the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself. Then the servant told Isaac all he had done. Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death."

"Love is as much a question of the will as it is the emotion and if you will to love somebody, you can." Isaac had never met Rebekah. She had never met him, but they willed to love each other and they did. Jason and I started our relationship on very rocky grounds. Trust me when I say, "We had an arranged marriage and walked down the isle out of obedience, not love." But our love did not start with each other either, it took years of seeking God's heart. My heart had filled with hatred toward men. I had to turn my desire where it was always meant to be, toward God. Jason had to turn to Ephesians 5:25. He learned to love me as Christ loves us. He served me. Through diligently seeking after God's heart, we learned to love each other. God is the only one who can truly fill that empty place in your heart. Jason has his place as my husband, but I cannot expect even him to fill that place and when I have tried I have left feeling empty.

“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Cor 13:6-7

There is this one intimate time that I desperately try not to violate, my alone time with God every morning. It is by spending my alone time with Him that I have learned to dance with Him. Whether you are married or not, your most precious relationship is your relationship with your God. He has a plan for your life. Can you trust Him enough to wait and walk with Him. No man, no woman, will ever be able to feel that ache in your heart. We are to never settle for the wrong relationship. That will destroy us. We are to seek after God with all of our heart, mind and soul. This love will never leave us empty.

No comments: