Friday, February 13, 2009

A Good Gardener

I want to thank you. I want to thank you for making my life so wonderful. I want to thank you for covering me with your love. I want to thank you for bringing me so much joy. I want to thank you for helping me to feel pure. I want to thank you for sacrificing for me every day. I want to thank you for being my husband, my lover, my friend.

Ephesians 5:21-33, "And further, you will submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. You wives will submit to your husbands as you do to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of his body, the church; He gave His life to be her Savior. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives must submit to your husbands in everything.
And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up His life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by baptism and God's word. He did this to present her to Himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. for a man is actually loving himself when he loves his wife. No one hates his own body but lovingly cares for it, just as Christ cares for His body, which is the church. And we are His body.
As the Scriptures say, 'A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife and the two are united into one.' This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

I love the role that I have been given. I love to submit myself under your headship. You make my task seem so easy. I truly love being your wife, thank you. You have taken a very broken and withered bloom and planted her in a garden full of life. You have been very kindhearted with this precious gift and made sure that there were no weeds that could chock out your tender shoot. Thank you for providing for me a beautiful space in order for me to grow and discover who I was supposed to become. Thank you for allowing me enough room for the Son to strengthen my branches. Every good that anyone sees in me, is a direct reflection of my gardener. You have taken your job very seriously and I have thrived under your watchful eye. Thank you.

I grew up knowing, intellectually, who Christ was. Thank you for allowing me to see, feel, and know Him, through your care. I know that I do not deserve any credit for my change. My gardener is the one everyone should look to, for he listened to his Teacher and learned from Him. No, you are not perfect, but you allowed me to see Him through you, and I cannot thank you enough for this.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, "So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can. And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God." Please come into your garden and drink and enjoy the fruits of your labor. I am ripe and my fruit is sweet. You have done your job well and your labor was never in vain. You have worked so hard, come and rest in the garden that you have created. Come and enjoy your reward. I love you... Thank you

1 comment:

JanAl said...

Wow, Beautiful analogy.