Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where Dry Bones Weep

It seems that everything is new to me; every day my eyes are open to something new that has happened in my life. When I was working at the club, a man said to me, "What are you doing here? You don't belong in this place." At the time, I took offense to this. What did he mean that I didn't belong here? I didn't feel there was any difference between me and the other girls. I didn't understand, I couldn't see.

I am now on the other side. I have a young friend and from the moment that I met her, I knew there was something different about her. I had a different feeling around her, even though she was making some poor choices. Recently, I have been talking with her and I have discovered that she accepted Christ when she was younger. Now she is going through a tougher time, because of her life choices. I asked her if she felt she had lost her salvation, and she did. Oh my goodness, how awesome this conversation was... You see, I could see me in her, just a few short years ago. I can see in her what that man saw in me. I see Christ in her; like he saw Christ in me. I thought I had left Him, but what I couldn't see was that Christ never left me. Just like He hasn't left my friend.

Romans 4:7-8, "Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose sin is no longer counted against them by the LORD." I am so thank full that my LORD saved me. I had to walk through a desert, but He was with me the entire time. All of us have to travel our own path. We all call it different things, but we all have our hour of testing in our moments of despair. My friend calls her desert "The valley where the dry bones weep." Oh, how I know how she feels. There is nothing more despairing than feeling your choices have completely turned Him away form you, but thankfully He will never leave us.

Psalm 40, "I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the LORD." Christ walked with me during my darkest moments, and He walks with you. He will never leave you, nor will He forsake you, but He will walk with you. There is only one thing that we need to concentrate on, Christ and His death on the cross. For this reason, I walk with my head held high. I cannot brag and I cannot boast about anything that I have done, but I can sing on the mountain tops, for He has set me free. He came and was born for death. His sole purpose was the cross, for it is through the cross that my sins are forgiven. It is because He paid the debt that I owed, that now, I am saved.

Psalm 25, "To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. I trust in You, my God! ...Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you... Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth; look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O LORD. The LORD is good and does what is right; He shows the proper path to those who go astray..." Ask Him to show you the way, and He will not fail you. Turn your eyes toward heaven and walk with your head held high.