Saturday, October 10, 2009

It Feels GOOD!

My journey with God has truly been amazing to me. Most everything that He has revealed to me, has first come from me taking the first step in obedience. I believe that He has something great for me, but He wants me to believe in Him first. That belief is revealed by my stepping out of my comfort zone, and trusting that He will do what He has promised. Oswald Chambers, "How will I know? Matthew 11:25, Jesus answered and said, ’I thank You, Father . . . that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes’ ..."But if we walk in the light," we are cleansed "from all sin" (1 Jn 1:7). It is a matter of obedience, and once we obey, the relationship is instantly perfected...All of God’s revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. You will never open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately. Let God’s truth work into you by immersing yourself in it, not by worrying into it. The only way you can get to know the truth of God is to stop trying to find out and by being born again. If you obey God in the first thing He shows you, then He instantly opens up the next truth to you..." I love to see how God has always been with me and kept me safe, even when I have been a fool's fool. But, my relationship with Him only grew and developed into life, when I started to obey Him. I had to set aside my fleshly desires, even though I thought I would suffocate from boredom, so that His life could be revealed to me. "Jesus did not come to make bad people good, but to make dead people live." (RZ)

Just the other day I was blessed to be in worship with my Lord, on the back of a horse! A friend, that God has blessed me with, took me on a four hour horse ride. What an awesome day we had, being blessed by God's creation and connecting with one another. I could not imagine a better way to spend the afternoon. What she did not know was that I have been asking God, for some time, to give me a wiser, older woman. I have needed that relationship, for all of a sudden I am surrounded by younger women, looking to me. I needed someone older to help guide my steps, for I have found myself in that age of being the older and younger woman. I am right in the middle, and not knowing all of the answers, I needed God to give me that one special older woman to help me. As we were riding, our conversations took us many times to God. In one of those moments, the verses in the Old Testament that say, "If you.... I will..." were brought up. Over and over, God has told His children, "If you will obey me... I will...." In this, it all boils down to trust. Do I trust Him? Do I really believe Him when He says that His ways are better?

I have turned my back on God so many times, just because I did not trust His moral law. I thought that He was just trying to keep me from enjoying this life. But, what I did not realize was that He was just trying to show me what living really felt like. He wanted me to obey Him, so that I could feel the true joy that He has offered me. This true joy comes from the Cross. It is through the Cross that all of my sins have been forgiven, and the freedom of living is found. My debt has been paid and my past has been erased. It is through the Cross, that my wheezing has stopped and my freedom to breath has begun. I once thought I would die from boredom, but what I have found is the freedom to truly live. He has given me the opportunity to live, I just have to trust Him enough to obey. Through my obedience, in turning from my own sinful desires, I have found what true living feels like. It feels, GOOD!

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/my-utmost-for-his-highest/10/10/devotion.aspx?year=2009

2 comments:

Brad Woosley said...

God Bless You, Jenny! I must tell you that I really enjoy your ministry. Thank You!

Jenny said...

Thank you Brad, I must tell you, I really like yours :o)