Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Jewels upon His Crown



There are certain key words, phrases, or ideas in the bible that have caught my attention for years. I've been struck by two this morning, but only have time for one. 
There are teachings out there that I definitely have a hard time with. What are jewels to God? What are His special treasures? Is it gold and precious stones? Does he admire pearls found in the ocean? Think about it. What is His most valuable treasure in all of creation that we will be blessed with for eternity?

"But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you.  For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way. For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy", 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20.

Yes, we will have crowns to lay at Jesus's feet, but have you ever thought outside the box of "our precious jewels" to His thought of what He sees as precious? If we change our vision to His love and desire, we can see that His precious stones are people. We are to live this life so in love for others that we can bring His treasures, given to us, to His feet and say to Him, "I loved them this much.  I laid down what I saw as precious to what You see as precious and gave up my life for relationship that showed them Your love." 

There is nothing in all of this world that is harder to cultivate than loving relationships. Our ideas, our wants, our treasures are to be set aside till we have His vision of what is most precious. 

"Thank you God that we are continually learning more about who You are. Thank you for Your grace and precious love. Help me this day Lord, to have Your vision for others. Help me to see what is truly important so that I get out of the way of my relationships with others. Help me so that they feel Your love through me. Help me to see others as the precious jewels upon Your crown. I love You Lord. In Jesus name, Amen"

No comments: