Monday, May 25, 2009

He did it!

As I sit here watching and listening to the world around me waking, I am overwhelmed with gratitude toward Christ. I am so thankful for my life. I am so blessed to be a woman who is loved by many. There is truly no reason for me to be here. When I was younger, all of my choices brought me pain. I did not choose this one either, He did it for me. It was like I was in a fog, taking the steps that were placed in front of me. I fought for some time, but now I sing with a song that He placed within me. Psalm 40, "I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

I have no other way to talk. I have nothing else that I really think about. I truly am just waiting for Him to tell me which step to take next. Honestly, this is the wildest ride I have ever been on. And trust me I have been on some wild rides. But this one is different, I never wake in the morning with a hang over. I wake with a smile on my heart and a song in my soul. Can you say that you wake the same way? Many of my days are just days that I am supposed to do my normal work. You know: feed the kids, take care of the house, cook diner (when Jason isn't cooking), just normal days. But even in these normal days, I have a peace about myself that no one with my past should have. As long as I keep my focus on Him I can control my thoughts.

Oh LORD, help me keep my focus on You. Help me to remember that this life is fleeting. I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart. "I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as You know, O LORD. I do not hide Your righteousness in my heart; I speak of Your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal Your love and Your truth from the great assembly." Father please let others see how good You truly are. Let them see my life and know that You are the one to see. Let them see that You are the only reason that I am here. Thank You Jesus, for being my sacrifice so that I may live...

No comments: