Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Cannot Stop

Psalm 90, "Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom...Satisfy us each morning with Your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us, Your servants, see You work again; let our children see Your glory. And may the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!"

The joys that I have been given by God are so great. I am so thankful to Him for blessing my life. Ps 96, "Sing a new song to the Lord! Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Sing to the Lord; praise His name. Each day proclaim the good news that He saves. Publish His glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things He does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!" I cannot stop. Tell me, does anything in this earth give you this sort of feeling? Is there anything that you are desiring that gives you true inner joy as this? In the past I would spend every waking moment trying to fill my life with what ever I could, so that I did not feel empty. Whether it was friends, stimulants, or what ever. I was not satisfied with my life, where I was going or really anything. I had to be doing something that stimulated my days. Now I am content with my simple existence, because just being in love with Him gives me satisfaction.

If you feel like your life is empty in times of rest, with nothing stimulating your day, then what are you seeking? If it is not Him, then you will know it, for He has made a place in everyone's heart for Him. He is the only one who can fill you. Do not keep seeking. Stop turning to things of the world to satisfy a feeling that only He can fulfill. Just ask, do you wake every morning with a new song in your heart? You can...

No comments: