Friday, May 22, 2009

To You, O LORD

Psalm 19:1-4, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." I love the summer. I love to sit on my front porch, coffee on the table next to me, bible on my lap. The sounds of the world wakening around me. There is no other time of day when the songs of the birds are so sweet. This is the time of day when I gather my thoughts for the day. I fix my thoughts on Jesus Christ and I begin asking Him to give me strength for the day. My first priority is my husband and what he needs from me that day. Then my children and the love I need to show them through the day. This is the most challenging part of my day; showing my boys the love that I feel for them, even when I am trying to do other things as well. Oh God, give me the strength and love that I need for this day. Allow me to be a good representative for You to my boys.

Psalm 22:30-31, " Our children and their children will get in on this. As the word is passed along from parent to child. Babies not yet conceived will hear the good news— that God does what He says." Many people think I am wrong for sharing so much of my life with others. They say that I need to censor what I tell people, trust me, I do censor most everything. I feel like in sharing my life with others, with my children, hopefully they can learn from my mistakes and not have to go through what I went through. If they still choose to stubbornly walk their own way, I want them to have an example to follow on the return home. We are all called to proclaim the glory of God. If we leave out our moments that we were the weakest, how can His full glory be told? It is when we are small that His compassion is shown.

Psalm 25, "UNTO YOU, O Lord, do I bring my life. O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me. Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause. Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long. Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercy and loving-kindness; for they have been ever from of old. Remember not the sins (the lapses and frailties) of my youth or my transgressions; according to Your mercy and steadfast love remember me, for Your goodness' sake, O Lord."

Holding my head high, is the part that I struggle with the most. So often, we want to enjoy the things of the world without counting the cost. Now I feel a calling to talk to others about my sins. This calling comes with a price, I must still hold my head high. If I must suffer now so that others may live, let it be well with my soul. But really these are just fears I think we all have. Fears that if someone finds out what we have done, it is going to come out bad. I really have not experienced this. A few looks, maybe a few cold shoulders, but really I cannot please everyone any way. So to You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. To You, O LORD, I give my life. Thank You, for rescuing me.

No comments: