Saturday, July 10, 2010

Draw a Picture

Psalm 145, "I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise You and extol Your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of Your mighty acts... They will celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of Your righteousness. The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made... The LORD is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise His holy name for ever and ever."

I am a woman in love. I love my God. He is my Shelter, my Rock. In Him I find my hiding place. In Him I feel free as a bird that has just been set free from a snare. Can you see it? Can you see how I love Him? When you think of God, what do you think of? Can you draw a picture of your description of your Lord?

He is my Shelter. When I feel lost in this life He becomes my shelter. It is like I am lost in the mountains. I am cold and wet from the rain. Then there is a clearing and in that moment I can see an abandoned cabin. I go to that cabin and open the door. There is wood and a kettle left by the fire place. In this brief moment I am safe. I may not yet be found by others and I may still be lost, but I know that I am safe. The fire warms my clothes and the kettle steams with warm water. I can survive the night for I have found my Shelter.

He is my Rock. When I find myself surrounded by unsteady ground and my world seems to be moving from under my feet, that is when I see the Rock. It is the one thing that nothing can move. He is the boulder that you can stand upon when the rivers of life are surrounding you. He stands high and sturdy. In Him I can withstand the flood waters and the ground will not move from under me.

He is my hiding place. When my children are playing hide-and-seek with their friends in our house, they know of all of the good hiding places. They can hide and never be found for they know our home and all of its secrets. My God is my hiding place. No one can find me, no one can harm me when I am hiding in Him. I know His secrets, for I live with Him and Him with me.

In my Lord I am free. Have you ever seen a bird struggle to get free from a trap? They struggle and struggle running their bodies into the sides of the cage. They batter themselves and bruise their bodies until at last the door is open. My God sets me free from my traps that I so often find myself in. If I will calm myself just enough to allow Him to open the doors for me, then I can find my way out and fly free with Him. In Him I find my freedom and learning to fly with Him has been my reward. Like a mother bird teaching her fledgling to fly. My God has set me free!

When you think of Christ can you draw a picture of your Savior. Most can only draw the cross. It is the most important visual you can get, but can you see Him in the different places you find yourself? Do you have a love relationship with your Savior. I once had someone ask me how my love was. My answer to him was about my God, not quite getting that he was actually talking about my husband. Do you get the two mixed up? For when I think of my lover, they are both so intertwined. Who is your Lover? Do you have a Shelter, a Rock, a Hiding Place? Are you free!!

No comments: