Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary

My love, each year my life with you only gets better. I am so thankful for the man you are. Eph 5:25, "Husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up His life for her to make her holy and clean... husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man is actually loving himself when he loves his wife... So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." This, you have taken and done better than I could have ever imagined. You have helped to make me feel clean. I give you the praise you deserve, for you are a strong man. You are the man of my dreams, and I am so proud to say you are my husband. I am so thankful that you have replaced my nightmares with visions so sweet.

Tomorrow, we celebrate seven years of marriage. This is the best celebration. Song of Songs, "Oh, lover and beloved, eat and drink! Yes, drink deeply of this love!... I am my lover's and my lover is mine....I am my lover's the one he desires. Come, my love,... Your left hand would be under my head and your right hand would embrace me... Place me like a seal over your heart, or like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, and its jealousy is as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame..." When I was young, I was so confused. I did not know what a real man was supposed to be like. I looked at men and thought they were real men, because they were macho, but that has nothing to do with true masculinity. You helped me to see what a real man was like. You do not fear me. You stand and your strength eases me. You know how to be vulnerable, so that I can connect with you. You are the strongest man I have ever met.

Hosea 2, "...then I will win her back once again. I will lead her out into the desert and speak tenderly to her there. I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there... 'In that coming day,' says the LORD, 'you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master.' ...I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine..." How I love to feel the strength of your embrace. I love to feel you next to me. You are the one. You are the one who showed me something I did not know. You showed me true love. You showed me how to love with the love that God promises His bride. How I love to give myself to you. How I love to be with you. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful life. Thank you for sacrificing yourself, so that I could feel loved. Happy Anniversary my love.

No comments: