Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wonderful Tears

Luke 24, "But very early on Sunday morning the women went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared... Then the men asked, 'Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what He told you back in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that He would rise again on the third day.'... they begged Him, “Stay the night with us, since it is getting late.” So He went home with them. As they sat down to eat, He took the bread and blessed it. Then He broke it and gave it to them. Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him. And at that moment He disappeared! They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as He talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?”... “Why are you frightened?” He asked. “Why are your hearts filled with doubt? Look at My hands. Look at My feet. You can see that it’s really Me. Touch Me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.' As He spoke, He showed them His hands and His feet. Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder.... ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ You are witnesses of all these things.... Then Jesus led them to Bethany, and lifting His hands to heaven, He blessed them. While He was blessing them, He left them and was taken up to heaven. So they worshiped Him and then returned to Jerusalem filled with great joy. And they spent all of their time in the Temple, praising God."

Oh, how this makes my heart sing. I have spent my time this morning reading this and wiping the tears from my eyes. I spend my days listening to music that worships Him and to teachers who know much more than I. I cannot get enough of my Lord. The time I spend with Him, often brings me to tears. I cannot help it, they just come flowing when I least expect it. Before I couldn't see His wounds. I couldn't grasp the fact that God, the creator of the universe, really came to earth and died for my sin. I had heard it from the time I was a baby, but I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I still have hard times when the doubt comes creeping in, but those times are not as often anymore. Most of my time now is spent in worship to Him. My tears are tears of joy, and my song (though I do not have a singers voice) is all for Him.

Have you ever been overcome by the redeeming power of His love? Have you ever just out of no where, started crying, just because He loves you? I have never had tears that felt so good, or that came so often. I cry all of the time, it seems. I do not cry because I am sad, or lonely. Even though I feel this often, but it is not a physical sadness or loneliness. It is all out of love of my King. I cry because of what He does for me. I cry for what I do to Him. I cry because of the fact that so many are still hurting themselves so badly, just because they do not yet really know Him. How I love my Lord. I love to worship Him. I pray He finds my life a worship to Him in everything I do.

Oswald Chambers, "A private relationship of worshiping God is the greatest essential element of spiritual fitness. The time will come, as Nathanael experienced in this passage, that a private "fig-tree" life will no longer be possible. Everything will be out in the open, and you will find yourself to be of no value there if you have not been worshiping in everyday occasions in your own home. If your worship is right in your private relationship with God, then when He sets you free, you will be ready. It is in the unseen life, which only God saw, that you have become perfectly fit. And when the strain of the crisis comes, you can be relied upon by God."

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/my-utmost-for-his-highest/09/10/devotion.aspx?year=2009

No comments: