Friday, September 11, 2009

With a Whisper

John 1, "In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish It."

He is the all powerful creator of heaven and earth. And He is love. Have you ever really looked at the Big Bang theory? You know, when the heavens were created, the beginning. I believe in the Big Bang, I just know who Banged it. With a whisper, He spoke and all creation was set into motion. With a whisper, the stars were made. With a whisper, life was created. With a whisper, the power of just a whisper. Is it in a whisper that His true power is revealed. The mighty and awesome power of God. All creation rejoices in His power. All creation speaks His name. For with out Him, nothing would have ever been created. Nothing would be here, and it only took a whisper. "Because He is fully God, Jesus is able to reveal God to us clearly and accurately."

"In every chapter Jesus' deity is revealed. And Jesus' true identity is underscored through the titles He is given- the Word, the only Son, Lamb of God, Son of God, true bread, life, resurrection, vine. And the formula is 'I am.' When Jesus uses this phrase, He affirms His preexistence and eternal deity. Jesus says, I am the bread of life (6:35); I am the light of the world (8:12; 9:5); I am the gate (10:7); I am the good shepherd (10:11, 14); I am the resurrection and the life (11:25); I am the way, the truth and the life (14:6); I am the true vine (15:1)." He is God. If He is God and he can create "this" with only a whisper, then why do I ever doubt that He can whisper to me? And when I hear Him whisper, why do I think I need Him to shout?

You of little faith, do not doubt. Trust. "Because Jesus is God's Son, we can perfectly trust what He says. By trusting Him, we can gain an open mind to understand God's message and fulfill His purpose in our lives." He has invited each of us to begin a personal, eternal relationship with Him. Because He is just, He allows us to choose. We can either choose to believe or not believe. If only we would choose every day to believe that He is the one who is really in control. For if we really believed this, we would not have to feel like we have the weight of the world upon our shoulders. Jesus Christ is not just a man. He is the Almighty Creator of the universe. Our life is not for our glory, but the glory of God. It is through our life that He has chosen to reveal Himself to the world. Wouldn't it be much easier to live each day like we actually believed this! With a whisper...

No comments: