Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Avitar

The other night, Jason and I watched Avitar. What an awesome movie! The visual effects; the language of love between all living things; I would love to live in that world. The next morning (the time when you are awake, but still asleep), I found myself dreaming about how beautiful it all was. In my dreams, everything was better. In my dreams I began praising God and looking forward to my final destination. The visuals that are described in the Bible are out of this world. They are surreal, terrifying, and great.

Daniel 7, " Daniel had a dream and saw visions as he lay in his bed. He wrote down the dream, and this is what he saw.
In my vision that night, I, Daniel, saw a great storm churning the surface of a great sea, with strong winds blowing from every direction. Then four huge beasts came up out of the water, each different from the others.
The first beast was like a lion with eagles’ wings. As I watched, its wings were pulled off, and it was left standing with its two hind feet on the ground, like a human being. And it was given a human mind.
Then I saw a second beast, and it looked like a bear. It was rearing up on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And I heard a voice saying to it, “Get up! Devour the flesh of many people!”
Then the third of these strange beasts appeared, and it looked like a leopard. It had four bird’s wings on its back, and it had four heads. Great authority was given to this beast.
Then in my vision that night, I saw a fourth beast—terrifying, dreadful, and very strong. It devoured and crushed its victims with huge iron teeth and trampled their remains beneath its feet. It was different from any of the other beasts, and it had ten horns.
As I was looking at the horns, suddenly another small horn appeared among them. Three of the first horns were torn out by the roots to make room for it. This little horn had eyes like human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly."
Daniel 10:5, "I looked up and saw a man dressed in linen clothing, with a belt of pure gold around his waist. His body looked like a precious gem. His face flashed like lightning, and his eyes flamed like torches. His arms and feet shone like polished bronze, and his voice roared like a vast multitude of people."

The visuals in just this small part of God's word, they are truly great. When I think of this world and what is to come, fear and excitement fill me. Everyone knows that when we die, death is not the end, but the beginning. The confusion takes place on the different theories of where we go and what happens. I don't know what the next stage in my existence will be like. I know that the more scientists are trying to disprove the Bible, the more they find that goes with its teaching.

I love great visuals. That is why Acid was such a great trip (had to put that in there :o) Avitar was a great visual encounter, but even more it addressed the next life. When the people died, they still lived. Every religion has us going somewhere. The questions we must ask ourselves is where are we going? How will we get there? Someone is right. If others are right, I really will not be affected so much, but if the Bible is right, everyone will be affected. Whether they like it or not. The next stage, it excites me. I look forward to my reward. The cool thing for me is that i get a reward that I did nothing to earn. I get to partake in the best visual encounter, that no one here can even simulate with the best technology or strongest drug. I get excited when I get to dream about the final ride of my life. One with new sights in every turn. What are you looking forward to? What is going to be your reward? What if you are right; What if you are wrong? Does it matter?

CAUTION: This is NOT a kids movie, and there are other things about it that could disturb certain people...

No comments: