Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanks Mom, I Needed That

How do I stop! I cannot stop praising my Lord to the nations.
Psalm 71, "O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don’t let me be disgraced. Save me and rescue me, for You do what is right. Turn your ear to listen to me, and set me free....My life is an example to many, because You have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising You; I declare Your glory all day long...But I will keep on hoping for Your help; I will praise You more and more. I will tell everyone about Your righteousness. All day long I will proclaim Your saving power, though I am not skilled with words. I will praise Your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord. I will tell everyone that You alone are just... Let me proclaim Your power to this new generation, Your mighty miracles to all who come after me. Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare with You, O God? You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but You will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again...I will shout for joy and sing Your praises, for You have ransomed me. I will tell about Your righteous deeds all day long..."

I want to share this email that my mom sent me yesterday... I was feeling bad...

"Hey, Honey,

I was listening to Ravi today...thought I'd tell you what he said....he was talking about answered prayer & how God sometimes is slow in answering...but he does answer...he called it 'time laden'.....said that sometimes when He is slow in answering, or is even quiet, that it's for the completion of those 'witnessing' it.....for instance,,,,Job was an upright man...but how could he earn such a description if he had not yet been subjected to the test necessary for perfection? God allowed the testing not only to shape Job, but also to give to us who come after him, an example of how an upright person works his way through pain & hurt...
Job already had an upright character, but through his struggles we observe how an upright person behaves in the midst of his pain....thats how the work of God gets displayed...perfection is not a change in the essential character, but the completion of a cause.....Matt. 5:48...Jesus tells us to "be perfect even as" His "Father in heaven is perfect." we can't BE who God is, but we can complete the task He assigns us to do. Always obey the will of the Father, even when He seems distant.

Habakkuk pleaded with God to explain how God could use a terrible people like the Babylonians as the judgment wrought against God's own people. Habakkuk literally screamed out the words...VIOLENCE, INJUSTICE, EVIL...."How can You do this?" But he waited patiently for the Lord to answer until God FINALLY repositioned His view...he says you can't always live on the 'mountain-top.....BUT when you walk through the valley, the memory, or the view from the mountain-top, will sustain you & give you the strength to carry you through UNTIL God's timing.....'A heart in close communion with God helps carry you through without words'.....what is essential is.........a sense of God's presence during our dark seasons of questioning.....

I hope you're feeling better....get a good night's rest & tomorrow will be better...I've had a couple of my own clients call today & ask me if the barometric pressure had anything to do with how badly they feel today...thought that interesting....maybe that's what happened with you today, too....

I love you so much, my precious daughter....we'll keep trusting the Lord & keep asking Him to hurry, but we will continue to trust Him.......in the meantime, take your xiao yao wan to help deal with the kids....also, you panax ginseng....but eat nuts, avacados.
etc....keep me posted.....luv u..............your mama"

Oh the tears stream once again as I read her words... Thank you Mama... I love you..

I sing this song in my heart--
"Tell me the story of Jesus, Write on my heart Every word. Tell me the story most Precious, Sweetest that ever was heard. Oh, how I love Jesus. Oh, how I love Jesus. Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me."


http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/my-utmost-for-his-highest/01/07/devotion.aspx?year=2010

1 comment:

beverly simpson said...

"tell me the story of Jesus....
sweetest that ever was heard." what a gift the Lord has bestowed upon you, jen...how beautifully you pen what is on your heart..i am so thankful that the Lord had me listen to ravi yesterday...ryan loaned those to me but yesterday was the 1st time i've had the chance to listen....hum?? perfect timing, i would say, wouldn't you?
how very sweet the Lord is, to prompt us as He does...keep on pressing in to Him......He loves you so....