Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wonderful Mighty LORD

Oh, how I love my God. My feelings for Him are intense. If you have ever had children, that feeling of love that you get for them. That intense, overwhelming feeling, that is what I feel for my Lord. How truly grateful I am to Him. How mighty is His power. How wonderful is His name. I see Him and His works and I stand humbled. I stand in thankfulness and respect for what He has done for me. Mark 14:22ff,"While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, 'Take it; this is my body. 'Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it. 'This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,' He said to them."

I want to explain this visual that He has just given. Genesis 15, Abraham took his sacrifices to the Lord. "He cut each one down the middle and laid the halves side by side...Abraham saw a smoking firepot and a flaming torch pass between the halves of the carcasses. So the Lord made a covenant with Abraham that day.." At weddings the fathers of the bride and groom would walk through the blood of a sacrificed animal. In this way, it signified that if their children did not keep their vows, the fathers are the ones who are responsible. They would take the punishment and they would die instead of their disobedient child. God made a covenant with Abraham and sealed it by (firepot and torch, Father and Son) walking through the blood. He did not allow Abraham to pass through the blood, for He knew his descendants would fail. He passed through and made a covenant many years before, and now Christ is the one sacrificed for my sins. His death allows me to live!

Oh, how I love my Lord. How awesome is His power. How mighty is His name. He did all of this for me, even though I was Judas! I knew my Lord. I grew up listening to His words. Then I kissed Him on the cheek and walked out into the night and betrayed Him. I was Judas, for I never allowed Jesus to take control of my life and change my heart. He tried to control the situation he found himself in, and so do I. He was a betrayer, and so am I. But that does not matter, for Jesus paid my debt in full. Now that I do see and hear Him, I am so in love with Him. It took me betraying the one that loved me, for me to finally see Him. I know the price that I owed Him. I know the wrongs that I have done. I understand the severity of my betrayal. How thankful I am for His promises kept, for I could have never paid my debt. Thank you my Father, my Lord...

No comments: