Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday

Christina,

This morning I woke up thinking about you. I cannot tell you how blessed I have been this summer. I am so thankful that you decided to entrust your family with us and to enable us to share our home, our family, our lives together with you and your family. I am a better person just because I was able to be with you. I love watching you with your children. You are a good mother; your children are blessed to have you for their mother. Your husband is honored to have you for his wife. You are a treasure. You are a jewel.

These are some of the verses that I think describe you the best:
Proverbs
8:14, Good advise and success belong to me. Insight and strength are mine.
10:11, The words of the godly lead to life.
12:4, A worthy wife is her husband's joy and crown.
13:24, If you refuse to discipline your children, it proves you don't love them; if you love your children, you will be prompt to discipline them.
15:31, If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise.
16:24, Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
17:27, A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.

You are a wise woman. The verses that describe you best are found in Proverbs 31. I know this because I have lived with you long enough, to really know you.

You are a virtuous and capable wife. I know you are worth more than rubies. Your husband can trust you, and his life is greatly enriched because of you. You will help him all of his life. You are energetic, strong and a hard worker. You are wise and gracious. Your husband will be well know because of you. You are clothed with strength and dignity, and you laugh with no fear of the future. When you speak, your words are wise, and kindness is the rule when you give instruction. You carefully watch over all that goes on in your house and you do not have to bear the consequences of laziness.
Your children will stand and bless you. Your husband praises you. There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all! Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but you fear the Lord and you will be greatly praised. You will be rewarded for all you have done. Your deeds have been publicly declared and your praise has been earned.

Now when you hear that sweet daughter of yours say about her friend, "I love her, I just love her," I hope you can hear me saying that to you. I love you my sweet friend and I have truly been blessed by you.


Bless God
and
Happy Birthday,

Jenny

No comments: