Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy Word

Do you know why we have the written word? Do you know that it is sweeter than honey? When you read the bible do you find condemnation with everything you read, or do you find healing? Where is your heart, when you search the scriptures?

Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from Him. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done." There was a time in my life where I shuddered at scriptures like this. I wanted to hide. I wanted to run from His sight, for I knew how I was treating Him with my life. I did not want to face my sin and change the way that I was living, so I turned from Him and despised His words. I could justify anything and everything that I was doing, as long as I did not open His words. I was only fooling myself. He created the heavens. He knit me in my mother's womb. How could I really run from Him?

Psalm 19, "The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship. Day after day they make Him known. They speak without a sound or a word; their voice is silent in the skies; yet their message has gone out to all the earth, and their words to all the world." How can you run from God, when He is everywhere you turn? I would try running, but everywhere I turned; He was there. We can deny Him, but we are only fooling ourselves. For He is everywhere we go. His laws are written on our hearts. vs 7-11, "The law of the LORD is perfect reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life. Reverence for the LORD is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the LORD are true; each on is fair. They are more desirable than gold even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. They are a warning to those who hear them; there is great reward for those who obey them."

Oh, how I long to be with my LORD. I love to hear from Him. My path has changed, because He has changed my heart. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do." When I finally started reading His word, I began to live! I cannot get enough. I am finally healed and it was because He showed me the direction that I needed to take. He showed me why I was hurting. His commandments are not condemnation, but a mirror to show you why you are suffering. I no longer suffer in this life. I live for Him.

Psalm 119, "Happy are people of integrity, who follow the law of the Lord. Happy are those who obey His decrees and search for Him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil and they walk only in His paths. You have charged us to keep Your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would constantly reflect Your principles! Then I will not be disgraced when I compare my life with Your commands. When I learn Your righteous laws, I will than You by living as I should! I will obey Your principles. Please don't give up on me! How can a young person stay pure? By obeying Your word and following its rules. I have tried my best to find You- don't let me wander form Your commands. I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O LORD; teach me Your principles... Oh, how I love Your law! I think about it all day long... How sweet are Your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life... I have suffered much, O LORD; restore my life again, just as You promised... Let my lips burst forth with praise, for You have taught me Your principles. Let my tongue sing about your word, for all Your commands are right."

I love you LORD. Thank you for opening my eyes to Your loving truth.


1 comment:

JanAl said...

I am in a place in my life, that God's word is more precious than ever. When I was first saved, God's Word became clear, and now, the words and meaning of scripture are so precious and I just can't get enough!
I have been taking some classes (which has been life/heart changing and a blessing, but there has been ALOT of reading involved), and I have not had that precious time in just His word, which I crave, I was at the point, where I just could not get enough, and there was never enough time to read. There are some good "Christian books", but there is nothing like God's word!