Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Religious, I Don't Think So

I felt a sting today, something that I did not see coming. Someone that I do not know yet, but they saw my profile on Face Book, addressed me as religious. I seem to always get a sour feeling within, when I am put in that mold. The last thing that I see myself as, is religious. Yes, I talk a lot about God, but religious I am not. Let me explain, if I can. Never did Christ ask us to become religious. He asked us to love Him and others around us. You see, I am not religious, but in love. How does anyone stop talking about the one they are in love with? Young girls concentrate all of their energy and conversations toward their boyfriends. If anyone asks them if they can talk about anything else, their reply is always, "but I am in love." Teenage love, how powerful, how strong. Yet, how fleeting. My love is so strong, so powerful, and lasting. My lover has found me. He called me to be His and to love Him with all of my heart. I think it would be a disgrace to Him if I did not tell others about my love for Him, but please do not confuse this love with being religious.

All of this is really still relatively new to me. This strong love walk started about 4 years ago, when I started seeking Him in the mornings. He grabbed hold of me about 8 years ago and started to change my life, but it was in my early morning hours that I started to fall in love with Him. My love walk started, with me seeking Him, after He had already caught me. Luke 11:9, “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." I knew that just going to church on Sunday mornings was not enough for me. While I need to be in the company of believers, religion was not what I needed. So I started asking Him, begging Him, to reveal Himself to me. And He did! This is when I fell in love.

My Lord, my groom, my love walks with me. He is always right beside me. Psalm 16:5-9, "Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety."

I know what this life is like without my lover, and that journey I never wish to take alone again! Psalm 18:4-6, "The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears." You see, at just the right time, He heard me. At just the right time, He saved me. Romans 5:6,"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." At just the right time, He rescued me. So you tell me, how can I stop praising Him for all He has done for me? For He loved me first, while I was still unlovable.

As I look back on my life, my darkest hours were spent alone, without Christ cheering me on. My most glorious moments have been spent with Him walking with me, and sometimes, carrying me forward. In this body I have experience pain and pleasure, but now that I really know Him, how could I even take my next breadth alone. He is my Lover, Redeemer, Savior, My Lord. And as I look forward to all the uncertainties this life will offer, I can place my next step with confidence, because I know who is walking beside me. Thank You Lord, for loving me first, while I was still so unlovable...

No comments: