Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jesus' Prayer My Prayer

John 17:6-19
"I have told these men about you...you gave them to me. Actually, they were always yours, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you, for I have passed on to them the words you gave me;

My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you. And all of them , since they are mine, belong to you; and you have given them back to me, so they are my glory! Holy Father, keep them and care for them-all those you have given me-so that they will be united just as we are. During my time here, I have kept them safe. I guarded them so that not one was lost.

I have told them many things while I was with them so they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your word. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They are not part of this world any more than I am. Make them pure and holy by teaching them your words of truth. As you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. I give myself entirely to you so they also might be entirely yours."

Oh Father, you tell us that your words are the most powerful tool that we have. I speak Jesus' words over my children, let his prayer become my prayer. These young men you have given me were yours first. Help me to raise them so that they know you and you are in their hearts always. Thank you Lord, for your promises are true. I pray this prayer over my boys in your Son's most Holy, most Precious Name, Amen

No comments: