Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spirit of Truth

I read, this morning, from John 16. I didn't get very far because I just kept realizing how awesome Jesus is. Wow, it is just so cool, when you finally hear him jumping out of the page and speaking right to you. He has sent us his counselor, his Holy Spirit, "he will convince the world of its sin...the world's sin is unbelief in me." I read this and just about jumped off of the couch. OUCH! He is saying it just that plainly. The only reason that we sin is because, we really do not have belief in him.

Yes, I know we all have fallen short and sin every day. But, there is a difference in living in sin, knowing that we should not be doing something, just not caring and doing it anyway. That is living in sin. Premeditated sin, something that you know you shouldn't do, but you don't care. Other sin, is when we are trying our best to do the right thing and then fall short. I am not perfect, I mess up every day. I will probably in someway, have to explain to my boys that I did not act right about something, or I shouldn't have said something. I may have to apologize to my husband, because I acted in some way that showed him disrespect. (I am getting much better about this one. I had a lot of hate in my heart, at one time.) But, that is different than, living in sin. I know, I used to live in sin. I would be driving to the club and asking God to hang in there with me and to be patient. Then, I would spit in his face by going into that nasty place. (That one, is obvious. Many of us do these sort of things, every day. You know the, "I just don't care attitude, it's all about me.") I was living in sin.

Now, I wake with Christ in my heart and in my thoughts. I try my best, to walk the path he is leading me down. I believe in him, I no longer walk in sin. Holy Spirit, the "Spirit of truth" has come and he is guiding me to all truth. I sin when I choose to not listen to what he is telling me. It is a daily, minute by minute decision that I will one day have to answer for. I thank God for my ability to come directly to him and talk with him. In Christ's name I have power over my life now. I am a powerful woman! I used to think I had power by doing what I wanted and not having to "answer" to anyone. I was so weak. I can say this now, because I have truly lived on both sides. I am now powerful, I am free.

"Thank you Lord, for waiting patiently for me. Thank you, for not letting me die without you. Be patient still Father, there are still so many out there that are struggling in darkness. Wait for them, call them soon. Do not let them struggle for too long. All that time does is; create more memories to build in their mind, so that one day, they will wish they never made those awful decisions. Open mother's hearts so they can love their children enough, so that one day those babies will feel your love because of their mothers. Make men strong; do not let them succumb to the deceits of this world. I know this world and the lies it tells. Give all of us strength to push through and allow you to walk with us, and to feel you leading our steps. Thank you Father, for your awesome power and for your truth. Help me to live this day to glorify you, my Lord. Make me a good helper for my husband and a good mother for my children. In your Son's most Holy, most precious name I pray these things, Amen."

No comments: