Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Sinful Woman

Luke 7:41-50
Jesus told them this story: "A man loaned money to two people- five hundred pieces of silver to one and 50 pieces to the other. But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. Who do you suppose loved him more after that?"
Simon answered, "I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt."
"That's right," Jesus said. Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered you home, you did not offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You didn't give me a kiss of greeting, but she has kissed my feet again and again from the time I first came in. You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume. I tell you, her sins-and they are many-have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love. Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven."
..."Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

I have heard these words from my Lord. Oh, how sweet it is. I do not even deserve to sit at the masters feet, for my sins are many. I have done things that will always haunt my memory, details that no one needs to hear. But my Lord looked at me and forgave my debt... How I have cried at my Saviors feet and begged him to forgive me. He has! My tears have fallen and my debt has been paid.

"Thank you Lord,
Thank you for forgiving my debt. Thank you for giving me a new life a fresh beginning. Thank you for saving my children from a mother that would have harmed them, had you not stepped in. Thank you for giving me a new life, one that does not show the scares that I placed upon my heart. Thank you for being so kind to me. I can never repay you, for the debt that I have is very large. But, in your undying love you have canceled that debt and it will never rise again for me to owe. I love much, because you first loved me and forgave me. You loved when...you forgave me when I cried to you. My tears come with a price, for they are all I can pay you, for all you have done. It was a debt that I placed upon myself and a debt that only you could forgive. Thank you Father for allowing me to live, even after a life of death."

No comments: