Monday, May 3, 2010

Gay Pride

Sometimes, it just drives me crazy when I have a reoccurring theme and I do not want to address it. This one, I do not want to address, but it keeps getting brought up. I don't like talking about it, because people get offended so easily about the subject and defensive on both sides. It is a hot topic and I don't like to discuss it! Most everyone who comments about my blog, sends me an email. For this topic, I would much rather an email than for you to just turn me off and never visit here again. So, if you think I am talking to you specifically just because of a conversation or something you may have mentioned, like I said, this is a reoccurring theme...

1 Corinthians 6:9-11, "Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." I am pulling homosexuality out of these list of sins. I hear people all of the time defending this lifestyle and saying that God made them this way. From what I have seen, I would say that most of the time people lean this direction out of a sexual abuse situation. I do, however, acknowledge that many people struggle more with this than others, but that is how it is with all sins. Even in doing this I am having to pull one sexual sin out of many other sins. Why is it that we get one topic and hold it to a higher standard than others. We grab hold of this sexual sin and excuse it, for people say they are born this way. James 1:12-16, "When tempted, no one should say, 'God is tempting me.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."

Here is the sin that I really see here. It is not only the choice of choosing a partner of the same sex to have sex with, but it is pride. Ezekiel 16:49, "Sodom’s sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness..." It is not just that someone struggles with this particular sexual sin, it is that they are proud of it. This sin becomes untouchable to God or anyone else. Why do you think that I did not want to address it! It is flaunted around and how dare anyone call this sin out of the rest. It is a title, and in the title we see the true sin lurking under the cover, "Gay Pride". It is a sin not only of the flesh, but of the heart. It is the root of Satan's sin. It is a sin that we all struggle with.

My brother sent me this text the other day when we were talking about homosexuality. "I've also had thoughts of murder, suicide, hatred, rape, etc, etc... wondering what it would be like to experience those things and if I could or would do them. Just because I have had those thoughts placed in my mind, does that mean I am a rapist or murderer and therefore should go ahead and BE that person? Absolutely not! Yet this seems to be the logic of those who are embracing homosexuality..." I have been with girls sexually in my past. Does this mean that I am a lesbian and I should embrace that lifestyle. No, that would be like me saying that it is okay to do anything and there are no rules. There are rules. Jesus never told anyone to just keep doing whatever sin they were in. He called them to repentance. It is about laying aside our sinful desires so we can have a better more fulfilled relationship with Him. it is all about the Creator, not the created. It is all about being more fulfilled in Him. Whatever sin we are holding on to, whether it is gossip, lying, back bitting, slander, hatred, homosexuality, fornication.... whatever it is, the problem is that it is getting in the way of us really seeking God.

1 Corinthians 6:12-20, "You say, 'I am allowed to do anything'—but not everything is good for you. And even though 'I am allowed to do anything,' I must not become a slave to anything. You say, 'Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.' (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies... Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, 'The two are united into one.' But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." It really is not just about a certain sin. It is about your heart toward God...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Here is the hard part about writing something like this.... the abuse. Most of the time people turn toward homosexuality as a result of being abused in some way. This is the part that truly tugs deeply at my heart strings. This is the part that breaks my heart. We get wounded and we tend to turn profane what God meant for good. The good and pleasing thing that He made for us has become ugly and detestable. I am so sorry, so sorry...

“The more you seek freedom the more enslaved you become to yourself.” (RZ)
The more we try to run from something that has torn us apart, the more it stalks us.

I know that I hated men for a time. Compared to most my hatred was like one rain drop in the ocean, but it was there for me. I know that the more I tried to squash it with my own wrath, the more it entangled me.

I know that I could have never broken free on my own. I had to turn to God. The beautiful thing is that He knows the hurt you have felt. He knows how wounded you have been. He is the only one who can heal those wounds. The actions of homosexuality are usually only the symptoms of a hurt that most cannot even imagine. Please get help with the hurt. Keep going and keep seeking until you can one day say that you are no longer bleeding from your wounds. I am truly sorry... truly sorry.

Anonymous said...

Though there are many people that are gay and wernt abused in their past.

Jenny said...

Yes, Miss Dasha,
You are so right, that is why I said, "I do, however, acknowledge that many people struggle more with this than others, but that is how it is with all sins." It does appear to be connected to the abuse, but I did not intend for it to. Some struggle more with anger, some with lying, some with... you can go on and on. But none of it is something that we just accept, but for the rest of our lives we are trying to overcome...

"Jesus did not come into the world to make bad people good, but make dead people live." (RZ)