Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Morning Joy

Deuteronomy 4:9, “But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren."

"Watch out! Be careful..." The warnings that we hear, we refuse because of the stubborn cries of what we want. Then the painful consequences of our choices. But then, with a mighty wind of His grace, if we will call to Him, He always forgives. He can turn the adulterous woman into a wife of noble character. He can take the tainted and make her pure. If we call to Him, He will... If we seek Him, He will... He is a mighty God that can do anything, but He is a true gentleman and He will never force us against our will. He waits patiently for us to turn to Him. He whispers sweetly in our hearts, till we are ready to hear. If we are willing to hear, if we pause just long enough from the lure of our own desires, we can hear Him. He is always waiting for us to let Him help us, to let Him change us.

I speak often about pain, sin, consequences; but the joy of my heat is in my Saviour, my Redeemer. When I speak of the pain I am saying "Watch out!" It is so much harder on your spirit if you choose not to heed the warnings. If we go against God, whatever it may be, if we choose to go against Him there are always consequences. Do you see the warning, yet stubbornly refuse to listen to them. In our pride, in our ignorance we think that we can live our life our way, but there are laws God has set in motion that will always catch up to us somewhere. But, we have a patient, loving God who will wait for us to call Him. When we finally choose Him, He will make us pure. We may have pain in the night of our life, but joy comes in the morning. When we turn on the light of life, our hearts begin to change. He can change the desire of our hearts if we will continually seek Him. He can change our life if we will let Him. I often travel through the painful memories of my past in order to give someone else the ability to make a much more wise decision than I did. It hurts to look back upon your life and think, you were such a fool. The wise learn from others mistakes. No one should ever be able to say, "But I did not know." The warnings are out there. When you do finally turn to Him, joy comes in the morning. Seek Him diligently, so that He can change everything for the better. He can make the tarnished, pure. He can change the desires of your heart. He can remove all of the scars. The joys I sing to Him in the mornings...

Psalm 9:1-2, 10-12, "I will praise You, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your Name, O Most High... Those who know Your Name trust in You, for You, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for You. Sing praises to the Lord who reigns in Jerusalem. Tell the world about His unforgettable deeds... He does not ignore the cries of those who cry to Him for help."

In Christ we become a new creation. We are born again. He changes our DNA. Seeking Him, changes who we are. It is in seeking Him that I have found the true joy in living. It is seeking Him that I can sing a new song. It is in seeking Him that I have found my purpose for living. He did not come into this world to make bad people good, but to bring life to the dead. Are you alive today?

No comments: