Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stampede

Exodus 19:4-12, 20:20, "You know how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. Now if you will obey Me and keep My covenant, you will be My own special treasure... Warn the people, ‘Be careful! Do not go up on the mountain or even touch its boundaries. Those who do will certainly die! ...From now on, let your fear of Him keep you from sinning."

Everywhere we look people are moving boundaries, structures placed by God to protect us and to teach us. But, we think that for us it does not count. Everyone thinks that the bible was for old times and it is irrelevant with today and what is going on in our world. God established marriage built for one man and for one woman. We think that because God does not condone homosexuality, He is condemning us for loving. He never said, "do not love." He made sex to be for the marriage of a man and a woman. It just fits that way. Society is telling couples to live together before they get married to see if it works. It changes, I promise. That doesn't work either. We hear, "Your going to experiment with drinking and drugs, so you need to use discretion and be responsible." I think the person giving that advise is high when they say this, for discretion and responsibility do not fit in with brain altering activities. Another thing we hear, "Get a divorce if you do not love that person any longer. You deserve to be happy." Another lie. Divorce and happy do not work if you are just looking at someone else's mistakes and not willing to look at your own failures. The lies the world is telling us can go on and on. If we choose to move the boundaries that God has given us for our own protection we cannot blame Him when everything starts running wildly out of control.

“Sin has a ripple effect. You never, ever sin alone. Because when you sin, you are changed. When you are changed, you will affect somebody else. When we talk about victim-less crimes in our society; they may be legal, sociological, psychological terms; they are not biblical concepts. There is no such thing as a victim-less crime.” (RZ) The boundaries, we as a society move today, our children are going to pay a very high price tomorrow. "I" is the word the world is focusing on. We are being trained to focus on "I". "I feel this way. I want this. I can do this. It only affects me." I, I, I, me, me, me. Our society is saying to love and be loved, but the truth in that focus is, I. This truth of this lie is the most selfish thing we can do. We have come to a fence in our life and instead of pausing long enough to really see why the fence was put there to begin with, we are tearing it down. We are not protecting ourselves, nor are we going to be really free. Chesterton, “The tragedy of disbelieving in God is not that a person ends up believing in nothing. Alas it is much worse, he may end up believing in anything.” Are we disbelieving in God so that we can reject His morals? Are we really going to find freedom, or are we going to pay a very high price when the bill comes due?

“There are some places you and I ought not to go. There are some things you and I ought not entertain with our eyes. There are some experiences we ought not to reach out and touch. Because almost like a paper thin cut, that can communicate dreadful diseases into the body- there are choices we may make that may seem rather innocuous in the beginning which can be devastating in the long run. Till you yourself will be asking, what am I doing here?” (RZ) What am I doing here, how these word have torn my heart. I will remember how He carried me on eagles wings and I will fear the boundaries I see set before me. For those who insist on tearing down those boundaries, we are going to pay a very high price. We are running right through the fences like a herd of wild buffalo, but there is someone on the other side of the fence, that we have insisted on tearing down, and they are going to have to pick up the pieces of our choices. Those on the other side are our children. If we choose not to believe in God, what are they going to believe? What kind of life are we offering them? What choices are we making today that will greatly affect them? If we do not believe in His word, then we simply do not believe in Him. What, Who do you believe in?

No comments: