Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A New Song

Romans 1:19-20, "For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God."

Ah, the gentle whisper of God through His creation. Can you hear Him calling your heart? Can you see Him when you see the beauty of His art work, for He is the Supreme Artist. He is the Creator of the Universe and the Ruler of the heavens. He is the Creator and in His creation He has written His laws so that we may have life. His laws are written on our hearts, and like all creation, our hearts cry out to Him. His love is bigger than us, and He can take our punches.

Before I had a relationship with my Lord, I just did not understand. I walked around blind to truth and death surrounded me. I would get so angry at Him, for the bad things that happened to me. He is big enough to take my anger. My children often get very angry with me and in their anger they fight against me. As I watch them I have to look back at the times I have been angry with God. I was so upset with Him that I rebelled against Him. In my rebellion I cannot blame Him for the bad things that happened to me, for when I say I rebelled I am not kidding. (Just a glimpse at what I mean... When I worked at the strip club, I was not there just to make money. In fact I often got fined by the owner of the club for not dancing nice! One night he pulled me aside and told me to have some respect for myself. In which I replied, "If I had any self respect I would not be working here.") In my rebellion, I punished myself. I spit in the face of my Lord. I was the worst of sinners. Yet, He loved me anyway. He did not wait until I had gotten my life all worked out and changed how I was living. He came into my death and saved me. He called to my heart. He begged me to let Him help me.

Psalm 18, "I love you, Lord; You are my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Savior; my God is my Rock, in whom I find protection. He is my Shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies. The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached his ears....He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the Lord supported me. He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me.... LORD, You have brought light to my life; my God, You light up my darkness. In Your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall..."

I love how Ravi Zacharias puts it. "Jesus did not come into this world to make bad people good. He came to make the dead live." I deserved nothing. I turned my back on my Lord and I knew it. I would go into the club and use His name to help me make more money, for I used the "good little Christian girl" background to entrap my prey. I would look at Him, kiss Him; then, I would spit in His face. Yet while I was doing all of this, my heart was crying out to Him. I could not hold it back, for He wrote His laws upon my heart and I could see Him in His creation. I could have kept pushing Him away. I could have kept blaming Him for what Satan had done. But, if I had I would still be among the dead. I would not have a new song to sing and my heart would still be aching and calling out to its Creator without any satisfaction for I would be lost.

How the birds are singing this morning! Can you hear them calling out to their Maker, I can. I am alive! Not because I was good and living right, but because He came and died on the Cross. He died, so that I could live. He came so that I could sing a new song in the morning. He saved me, not because I loved Him, but because He loved me. He conquered death, so I could have life.

Sing a new song... "Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me."

He loves me, not because I was good, but because He lives. I love Him, because He loved me first. Can you hear Him whispering to your heart? Can you see the Artist in His wonderful creation. I live pure, because He loved me so. I am clean, all because He has washed me. It was nothing that I deserve. It was all because of how much He loves me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.