Friday, July 25, 2008

Any Other Man

Last night one of my girlfriends and I went out for dinner, a much needed mommies night out... One of the questions she asked me was; "After the life that you have had, are you ever sad that you will never be with another man?" This is a very easy question for me to answer. I have spent my life dealing with sexual temptation and sexual sin. I am so thankful that all of that hurt is now over. I am so thankful that I never again have to let another man touch me. I love the fact that I am married to a good man, who never wants to share me. The answer is, NO! There is nothing about being with anyone but my husband that is becoming to me.

My husband is a good man. I know that he treats me better than most men could ever even dream about. This is probably why I have no reason to be tempted by another man. They just could not amount up to my expectations after being married to this man of God. I take no credit in this control of my fleshly desires. I give the credit where credit is do. It all goes to God and to my husband. There is nothing that I desire that my husband does not fulfill for me. I do not wish for anything. Nothing!

These are just some of the reasons that I can say my man is a BIG man. For example, when I returned last night, from being out with my friend, my house was cleaner than when I left. My husband helps me. He is not Lazy! He works 12 hrs a day then comes home and helps me. I do not feel as though he is just another person that I have to take care of. He is my heavy lifter. I never have to worry about him not working hard. He is very calm, even if I am going crazy. He never talks to me harshly. He is my rock, my solid foundation. He keeps my life safe. He is my shelter, my cover. I pray my boys grow up to be just like him. He is a good father. He is gentile with the kids. He is not selfish in any way. He is wise in how to deal with people. He is a man full of wisdom. I could keep going but I am afraid that I would sound redundant.

Ephesians 5:25-33 "You husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by baptism and God's word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man is actually loving himself when he loves his wife...So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

This was in my husband's vows to me when we were married. He has taken his vows to heart, and he fulfills them every day. He washes and purifies me with his love. He gives his life over to helping me. I respect him more than I could ever respect anyone else. He not only deserves my respect because he is my husband, but because he is a very good man. He is full of integrity and he not only conducts himself at work in this manor, but he conducts himself at home in the same way. "Do I ever wish to be with another?" No, is my only answer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. You are a lucky woman to have him, and he is a lucky man to have you.