Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Casting Stones

I read John 8 this morning. I love Jesus, He is so wonderful and forgiving. The woman was caught in the very act of adultery and brought to Him. Every one else wanted to stone her for they saw her as dirty and they saw her sin as unforgivable. Instead of condemning her, scolding her or even giving her a dirty look; Jesus just turned to her accusers and said to them "All right stone her. But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" He did not go along with them and justify that her sin was worse or that they were any better. The only one in the crowed that had any right to throw the first stone was Jesus. He only looked at her with love and understanding. Not one stone was thrown.

Jesus loves us, but he does expect us to "Go and sin no more." After our sin has been brought to our attention, we are to change how we are living. We are to continuously seek Jesus and what He wants from us in our life. We are to follow Him. "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life...for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins... You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free...I assure you that everyone who sins is a slave of sin." So now that I know the truth, I will go and sin no more.

I have tried over and over to destroy my life with my sin, but through Christ I have been set free. This does not mean that I will live a sinless life. But I will not walk in sin any longer. I live to see the light and every thing that I do is in the light. Sin can only live in the darkness and where Jesus is, there is only light.

How awful it would have been to die in my sin and never to be able to feel the freedom that Jesus offers to all who turn to Him. I am so thankful that my Lord does not throw the first stone. I will do my best because He loved me so much and offered me life, even though I deserved death.

No comments: