Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I need prayer

Many times I look at my life in disbelief. I live in a beautiful place. The mountains are so wonderful, the weather is perfect, and my home is nice. I have MS and for quite a few years I have also enjoyed my health and have not been affected by this disease. That has changed here recently. I was pushing things and without taking my herbs, I set myself up for an attack. I have not been able to write as much for my left hand is, well gone. I cannot feel anything in my ring and little finger, down my left arm and across my back. It literally feels like I got a shot from the dentist right in my hand.

It is when you are at your weakest that you can see God work. I have been feeling like I have done such a good job, I... I get up early every day and spend time in God's word, but I have not really felt like I needed Him. Well, I know I need Him, but I haven't really felt like I needed to ask for Him to act in my life. It was not that I felt I was doing everything, but I was so sure that it was all taken care of. I had quit totally relying on Him to get me through the day. I need Him to get me through every day especially now. I have ten people living in my home, six are six yrs and under. I need energy to help me cope with every day. I need my fingers and my hand so that I can function as a "normal" person. I need prayers to be said on my behalf.

I have been reading in Luke, wouldn't you know it, at just the right time I read about the importance of constant prayer. Jesus, in His own words, tells us that we are to keep asking we are to be persistent in our requests to God. This is something that I have not been diligent in. I have been so busy working that forget that I need Him to heal me. I desperately need Him to see me and have mercy on me His faithful servant and to heal my body. I am begging You my Lord, have mercy on me, heal my broken and weak body so that I can do your work.

Sunday, I felt like I was supposed to tell the church that I needed their prayers. I did not. I just sat there wishing that I had the courage to stand and ask them to pray for me. I failed the test... I am so sorry. I must put aside my pride, my... I don't know what it is. Why can't I tell others I need them to pray for me? Why is it so hard to stand up and let others know that you do not have it all together and that you are struggling?

I AM STRUGGLING. I NEED YOUR PRAYERS. I NEED GOD TO REACH OUT AND HEAL MY BODY. I WANT TO FEEL GOOD. I NEED ENERGY. I NEED STRENGTH. GOD PLEASE HEAL MY BODY AND SPIRIT.

My Lord, please have mercy on me, your servant and heal my body. Strengthen my spirit. Thank you for blessing me so much, but there is still so much to do. Give my husband the strength to help his hurting wife. Keep him strong while I am weak. Thank you Father, you are in control. Thank you, for hearing my plea. I am asking. I am knocking. Please come quickly and help me.

No comments: