Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dalai Lama

Yesterday, I was speaking to a friend of mine and she was telling me about a trip she took to Aspen to see the Dalai Lama. The way she spoke of him, unnerved me. She talked about how humble he was, how down to earth, and mainly how happy his presence was. She told me that he talked about love and how we are to love even our enemies. She kept saying how peaceful and loving he was. He did not use educated language and he was a simple man. He only had one robe that he wore and that he spoke of even giving that extra robe away if someone else needed it. She spoke about him like she had never heard of a man being so kind, loving, gentile, simple, and happy. Yesterday was a very hard day for me. I cried, I was hurting. Not because of me or really even because of my friend, but because we have done an injustice to our Lord.

Why would someone look at the Dalai Lama with such reverence and see things in him that they think are unheard of? Christ was all of the things that she was talking about and much more! She does not see Him that way... She sees Him differently because His followers are to mirror Him. Do we? One of the main figures of the "Christian" community is the Pope. Does he, in any way, mirror Christ with his stand off approach and his crown upon his head. When I first started talking to my friend, she would refer to the Pope, I had to correct her. I know nothing about the Pope. I know what she knows, and that is what is given by the TV. So I started asking my self, "How do we show Christ to a world that is mislead, deceived and fallen?" There is only one answer to my question and that is we don't.

We will never be able to perfectly mirror our Lord, for he is perfect. This does not mean that we do not try, but we will fail. The only way to truly allow others to see our God, is to talk about Him. We have to gain an enthusiasm about Him. Talk about Him as if we were just sitting at His feet and listening to Him for the very first time. Because in reality we are. Every time I read His words, I see something that I had never seen before. I cry at His feet all of the time and wipe the tears with my hair. He is the whole reason that I live and He is the only reason any of us are here. His message is love, kindness and worship for Him. He came to earth as the most lowly of people. He road upon a donkey's colt as a lamb to the slaughter, for us. He gave every thing away to His enemy, so we may have salvation. He is the Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah, the King of Kings and Lord over all.

Fall in love with your Lord so that you can tell others about His wonderful message. He is the author of Life and His words are the only way for true joy. Learn His words so that when others are speaking about a "new" thing they have just heard, you can offer them the true author of those words. For everything worth repeating our Lord has already said. He is the only way for salvation and He deserves our respect. Give Him the Glory that He deserves. Never let someone else take credit for His words. He is the true author. Always speak to others in love. And remember, you may be the only glimpse of God that someone sees. Are they seeing God or someone else in you?

No comments: