Friday, February 12, 2010

Damaged Heart

"Do, do you got a first aid kit handy?
Do, do you know how to patch up a wound? Tell me
Are, are, are you, are you patient, understanding?
Cause I might need some time to clear the hole in my heart and I

I tried every remedy and nothing seems to work for me
Baby, baby this situations driving me crazy
And I really wanna be your lady
But the one before you left me so

Damaged, damaged, damaged, damaged
I thought that I should let you know
That my heart is damaged, damaged, so damaged, so damaged
And you can blame the one before

So how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?"
(Baby, I gotta know)

These are the words to Danity Kane "Damaged".

Yesterday I spoke with a group of high school girls about sex and the damage it does to your heart. Last night I remembered this song that my college girl had showed me. Sometimes people think that being a Christ follower, then you have all these rules and restrictions on life. What they do not understand is that a loving Father will always try to protect His child from feelings of Damage. Here is the Fatherly advise, "Don't have sex before marriage." It is not impossible it is good protection of your heart.

When that first big tearing of your heart begins, the tendency is not change, but looking for someone else who will mend that broken heart. I know. I tried. Proverbs 26:11, "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." Every time I thought, "This time it will be different. This time, with this guy, my heart will be healed and I will not hurt any more." Damaged. As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool keeps thinking this time it will be different. All this time will give you, is bad breath and a more broken heart.

Proverbs 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life,(for it affects everything you do)" Guard your heart. Every time you have sex outside of marriage, you are damaging your heart. Many of us, by the time we do get married, our hearts are so damaged, sex in marriage is no longer connected to love. But, it is not intended to be that way, it was designed for love, for intimacy. With lots of work and help from God that damage can be repaired, but how much better to go into marriage without added damage. Guard your heart. Stop returning to the same thing that damaged it to begin with.

Patience sweet girls. That boy, he cannot heal that broken heart. Only Christ can. I have tried it every other way. Nothing else worked. His rules, His laws are there to protect your heart. His love is the only bandage that will heal that broken heart. The damage that you have already done to yourself, does not have to destroy you. My heart was once more broken than you can imagine. He has healed my broken heart. I now feel pure. I feel washed white as snow. I feel loved, wanted, needed. You can too. If you have not damaged your heart in that way, guard your heart. Those few minutes are not worth the pain.

Oswald Chambers, "We like to listen to personal testimonies, but we don’t want God Himself to speak to us. Why are we so terrified for God to speak to us? It is because we know that when God speaks we must either do what He asks or tell Him we will not obey. But if it is simply one of God’s servants speaking to us, we feel obedience is optional, not imperative. We respond by saying, 'Well, that’s only your own idea, even though I don’t deny that what you said is probably God’s truth.' Am I constantly humiliating God by ignoring Him, while He lovingly continues to treat me as His child? Once I finally do hear Him, the humiliation I have heaped on Him returns to me. My response then becomes, 'Lord, why was I so insensitive and obstinate?' This is always the result once we hear God. But our real delight in finally hearing Him is tempered with the shame we feel for having taken so long to do so."

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/my-utmost-for-his-highest/02/12/devotion.aspx?year=2010

No comments: