Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Smile

Jason just left for his meetings today. So, here I sit in my hotel room, all by myself, with a smile upon my face. As I was checking my email this morning Focus on the Family is having a contest. Your supposed to write a love letter to your spouse and tell them why you want to grow old with them. I wrote my letter and sent it in. That is why I am sitting here with a smile upon my face. I am so in love with that man. It would be really cool to win the grand prize, stay at the Broadmoor, go to the Focus on Marriage event, eat with the speakers, and get all the books and marriage materials for free, but that is not what makes me smile. My smile is from that man. My heart just sings when I think about him. When I think back on how we got together and how our marriage started, I smile. When I think about our today and where this journey has brought us, I smile. When I think about the awesome journey, good or bad to come, I smile. I smile because that man has done his job well. I smile because he has taken my broken heart and turned me into a joyous woman. I smile because he knows the meaning of masculinity. I smile because he showed me how much Christ really loved me. I smile...

Hosea 2, "'When that day comes,' says the Lord,'you will call Me ‘my Husband’ instead of ‘my Master.’...I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you Mine, and you will finally know Me as the Lord... I will show love to those I called ‘Not loved.’ And to those I called ‘Not my people,’ I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’ And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’” Through my husband, I have found the love of my LORD. The more in love with Christ I become, the more in love with my husband I am.

So Jason, I want to once again, Thank You. Thank you, for loving me when I was unlovable. Thank you, for taking me and helping me to feel pure and clean. Thank you, for taking away my shame. Thank you, for speaking tenderly to me while I was still in my dessert. Thank you, for showing me the love of Christ. Thank you.....

No comments: