Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mirror Image

I feel like I have been on a soul searching week. It didn't go as I had planned. I was going to spend my days alone in my bible. Instead I spent them alone with my thoughts about my husband. So I thought I would share....

My sweet love,

Do you know that I love looking at your reflection in the mirror. For the image that I see, is not the man that stands beside me, but my Lord, Christ. When I think of you, I see Him. When I feel you hold me, I feel Him. You know the hurt, the devastation of my life, you know what I have been through... You know what makes me tick, what makes me cry, what makes me anxious, what makes me fearful. You get me. The beauty of it is, your reflection is the only one who can do anything about it, and through you I have seen Him. Through you, He holds me. Through you, I feel Him. Through you, He has been made known to me. You have searched me and you know me. I am safe with you.

Since you have found me, look at how my life has changed. Since you have loved me, look how my heart has changed. You showed me Christ in a way no other ever taught me. When I see you walk into a room, my heart jumps knowing you are here. No other could ever compare to you. I am confident within myself, knowing that you are mine. Your strength gives me strength. Your name gives me a good reputation. Your God has given me a new life. I love the man you are. I love the confidence you carry. I love that our boys watch you to see who they are to become. You are my Hosea, my redeemer, my lover, my rock, my.... I love you. Thank you for showing me truth. Thank you for looking so good in a mirror.

Our life together is better than any movie, for we know the ending... I love you

No comments: