Saturday, February 20, 2010

Psalm 119

How I love You, my LORD. How sweet are Your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. Your word is a lamp for my path. You are my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lover, my Friend. How I love Your laws, for they are made for my protection. They give me wise counsel and they make me look wise. Keep me from lying to myself. Teach me, O LORD to follow every one of Your principles. Make me walk along the path of Your commands for that is where my happiness is found.

Happy are people of integrity, who follow Your ways. Happy are those who obey Your decrees and search for You with all their hearts. Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths of Your law. I need the guidance of Your commandments. Don't hide them from me. Your decrees please me; they give me wise advise. Now teach me Your truth. Help me understand the meaning of Your commandments, and I will meditate on Your wonderful miracles. When I weep with grief; encourage me by Your word. Keep me from lying to myself.

I used to wonder off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow Your words. You are good and do only good; teach me Your truth. The suffering You sent was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to Your truth. Your law is more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver. This is my happy way of life: obeying Your commandments. When I find myself wallowing in self pity and despair; help me to remember You.

LORD, You are mine! I promise to obey Your words! Be merciful just as You promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow Your truths. Now teach me good judgment and knowledge. I faint with longing for Your salvation; but I have put my hope in Your word. Now let Your unfailing love comfort me, just as You promised me, Your servant. Surround me with Your tender mercies so I may live.

I pray with all my heart; answer me, LORD! I will obey Your decrees. I cry out to You; rescue me, that I may obey Your laws. I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in Your words. I stay awake through the night, thinking about Your promise. In Your faithful love, O Lord, hear my cry; let me be revived by following Your methods. You are near and Your commandments are true. My heart trembles only at Your word. I rejoice in Your word like one who discovers a great treasure. I will praise you seven times a day because all Your ways are just. Those who love Your instructions have great peace, and do not stumble. I long for Your rescue, Lord, so I have obeyed Your commands. I have obeyed Your laws, for I love them very much. Yes, I obey Your commandments and laws because You know everything I do.

Oh, how I love You, my God. Help me to see You for the truth that You are. Help me to never consider You small. When I feel trapped in despair, help me to remember Your ways. Help me to keep my focus off of myself and to direct my attention to You, the author of life. Help me to walk in Your paths, for I love You very much. I obey Your ways, because You loved me first. You are my God, my Redeemer, my Lover, my Friend...

No comments: