Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Mother

This past weekend we celebrated my mothers 60th B-Day. We made a book of memories for her where people from her life wrote in and shared a memory they had of her. The book turned out wonderful. It is good to have help looking back on our life and seeing that it was well spent. It is so easy to look only at what we do wrong, sometimes we need help to see the good.
This is what I wrote for my mom, in her book of her life:


My Mother,

What can I say to you? How thankful I am for you and all that you have done for me. As a child you encouraged me to follow my interests. You allowed me to bring in every creepy, crawling thing that I discovered. Your little girl was worse than your little boys. You guided me in prayer every night with our Lord. Even though I resisted this, I am so glad you were faithful, for me. You inspired me to be a beautiful woman. Oh, how truly beautiful you were. This is a blessing; you lit up the room when you entered. Everyone wanted to be with you. You showed me how to love and have fun. You showed me spontaneity and how to live this life with joy. All of the kids wanted to be at our house, you were so much fun. Life was in our home, because of you. You are my teacher, you are my friend, you are my wonderful mother.

I am so glad that you never gave up on me. I struggled for many years on trying find out who I was and needed to become. You were right there, right beside me all of the way. I do not have a memory that you are not there, trying to help me. Even though I am not as gentile as you were and my patience are thin; you showed me what I desire in mothering. I know, that no matter what, if I need you, you are here. Isn’t that what we are supposed to show our children about God? That if we need him, all we have to do is; let him know and he is here. You have portrayed that image very well. You have done a truly, good job.

I wish that you would look back on your life and see your successes. Do not concentrate on your failures, for even in your weakest moments, his strength is present. You are an image of your Father. When I see you and how much you love me, I know that he loves me too. You have done your job well and I thank you for that. Even when I was at my darkest, your arms were open. Even when I was dying, you were there offering me life. Oh, my precious mom, How can I Thank You? I can never repay you for all that you have done. I can never offer you the love, you offered me. You have given your life for me and I will always have the deepest gratitude for that. Don’t you see it, don’t you see Christ in you. You are his image. You allowed me to see him, even when the ocean was at its darkest. Do you see that you helped to save me? I DO!

I have watched you grow. I have seen you in ways that no one else has ever seen you. I know your deepest love and I have felt your passion. Because of you, I am okay. You no longer have to worry about me, I am setting you free! Take a deep breath and know that you did your job well. Well done good and faithful servant. Your children are saved and your life was well spent. Look back and smile because the rest of us are. As we look back on your life, we can truly rejoice.

Thank you sweet woman of God,

I Love you,

J

No comments: