Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thank You

"My Lord,
Please allow me to work for You. Help me in this journey. Send people into my home that will help me grow stronger in my faith. Send others my direction that I can help and show them the love that You have so graciously shown me. You say, in Matthew 9:35ff, that so many people are hurting for You. You say that there are so few workers and that the ones who are lost need help in finding You. Please open my life, open my home and allow others to come in. Give me an accepting spirit so that no one feels left out. I beg You my Lord, allow my life and the gifts that You have blessed me with; be a doorway for others to find You. Allow my home to be open to all. As I watch others still trapped in the lies of this world, my heart breaks for them. I know what it feels like to be surrounded by darkness and trapped in a bitter, hurtful existence.

We have been making plans to build a new home. Please help us on this journey. If a new home is what we need, so that more people can be drawn to You and we can open our doors for more to come in, please help us to do this. If a new home would shut more people out and hinder them and make them feel even more distant from us, then please close this door. I would love to live in a nice big house with a wonderful yard, but if it will cause even more people to feel like we are so far from their world and that we cannot possibly understand what they are going through, then what is the use of having a home Your people will not enter. I want this home, but I want to do Your work even more. Please guide us Father, in this. Please help us in this process and what ever the answer, let us be happy and content with that answer.

How I praise You my Lord, my Savior, my Friend. Thank You for answering so many of my prayers. I had no idea that I could ever be so blessed. It is not just the material things, they are a plus and I enjoy them, but if You took all of it away tomorrow, I would still praise you. I thank You for blessing me with Your presence. I thank You for allowing me to find the purity, the peace, the satisfaction of knowing You. I can live without any of the material things, but I thank You my Lord, that I will never have to live without You again. Thank You for these times in the morning, so that I can spend it with You. Thank You for helping me to rise early, so that I can begin the day with You and Your work on my heart. I have a purpose in this world and it all begins with You.

Help me to stay focused throughout the day, when my children are trying the last of my patience. Help me to show them the patient love that You have so graciously shown me. Help me to raise them with You in their heart and allow them to lead a life that pleases You, all of the days of their life. Allow me to be the wife that my husband needs me to be. Help me to be the helper for him that You desire me to be. Give me the right words, in the right tone when I speak to him. Help me to encourage him to be the man that You desire him to be; a strong, good man with integrity. Give him peace and lift the burden of this world from his shoulders. Allow him to enjoy every day in Your service. Help me to be the friend to others that I need to be. Help me to open my home to who ever may need it. Let whoever walks through our home, to feel at peace. Keep our home warm with your love and let all who enter, feel Your love here. Most of all Lord, help us in this journey to help Your people. Help me so that I can help You. Bless me so thta I can bless others. I want to make You proud and I want this because You love me so much.

Thank You Father for so much. Thank You for staying with me through all of my many trials. Thank You for never giving up on me. Thank You for surrounding me with people who wanted to help me, to see You. Thank You for allowing me to feel loved. Thank You for my family, my parents, and my brothers. Thank You for allowing me to always feel welcomed in their home. Thank You for my husband. Thank You for giving me such a strong man. Thank You for the purity that You surrounded him with, so that he could help pass that on to me. I thank You for guarding his mind and his heart. You gave him such strength; You knew exactly what I would need. Thank You for my boys. Thank You for softening my heart. Thank You for allowing me to see my bitter and broken heart. Thank You for softening my heart for them, so that I did not damage their souls. I thank You my Lord, for everything. Most of all, Thank You for the sacrifice that You made for me, so that I would not have to live in darkness for eternity.

In You Son's Most Holy and Precious Name,

Amen"

No comments: