Monday, June 15, 2009

How Bad do You Want It?

Ahh sex, my favorite subject. As we are dating, we cannot wait for sex. We cannot restrain from the desires that sex lures us with. Then so often sex becomes so different after marriage. What happens? What goes so wrong, that people think it is truly better to have sex before marriage, because afterwards it changes and no longer has the thrill that it had before marriage?

I have experienced sex in all of its allurement. I have tasted all of the fruit that anyone can offer. I will tell you, I now have the best sex life, with my husband. Song of Songs 2:15, "Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom. My lover is mine, and I am his. He feeds among the lilies!" With sex, there is only one place where I have found true satisfaction, and that place is with my husband. If only I could convince people, I have eaten the forbidden fruit. It tastes so sweet in your mouth, but then it sours in your stomach. You will vomit what you eat, if you are not careful with your choices.

Jason saved himself for me. He guarded his eyes and he has only tasted of me. I can fully satisfy him, for he does not linger in the forbidden places. He is pleased with what I have, because he does not long for the illusion. No one can compete with your imagination. No one will ever be able to satisfy you, if you are constantly comparing them with fantasy. I am speaking to both men and women here. What you think you want and what you think would be better will only disappoint you. What you have is enough. God gave us marriage so that we could have the best sex life. Trust me a married man has the ability to have more sex than he could have ever dreamed up in his mind. A married woman has the potential of feeling desired every day. But it is up to you. Everyone wants to be sexually fulfilled, but too many are not willing to do the work outside of the bedroom to get there. Through marriage, I have been learning about the selfishness that we all hold on to. But with this selfishness comes want, and you will find that there is nothing that can satisfy this. What foxes have you let into your vineyard, that are now destroying your harvest? If you are not married yet, please wait. It is so worth the wait. If you are, do not look to others to fulfill your desires. We each have the power and the opportunity to have the best sex of our lives. But the question is, "How bad do you want it?"

Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest"

"In the matter of drudgery.
Peter said in this passage that we have become "partakers of the divine nature" and that we should now be "giving all diligence," concentrating on forming godly habits ( 2 Peter 1:4-5). We are to "add" to our lives all that character means. No one is born either naturally or supernaturally with character; it must be developed. Nor are we born with habits— we have to form godly habits on the basis of the new life God has placed within us."

No comments: