Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reconciled to the Fact of Sin

I do not like to think about the fury of God. I like to concentrate on Jesus Christ and the forgiveness that He brings to all of us. There is forgiveness, grace and patience in God, but there is also judgment and fury that comes from Him. Because of the life that I have lived, I notice the sexual allurement that our people are turning to. It is everywhere. Yet, so many are saying "so what." God does not say "so what" to sin, but hates it and He does see it. Jeremiah 2, "Your wickedness will bring its own punishment. Your turning from Me will shame you. You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to abandon the LORD your God and not to fear Him. I, the Lord, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!... Why then do my people say, ‘At last we are free from God! We don’t need Him anymore!’ Does a young woman forget her jewelry? Does a bride hide her wedding dress? Yet for years on end My people have forgotten Me. “How you plot and scheme to win your lovers. Even an experienced prostitute could learn from you! Your clothing is stained with the blood of the innocent and the poor, though you didn’t catch them breaking into your houses! And yet you say, ‘I have done nothing wrong. Surely God isn’t angry with me!’ But now I will punish you severely because you claim you have not sinned."

If you see yourself in this warning, please take heed. God is not a joke. He is not the Tooth Fairy, and He is certainly not Santa Clause. He is God. We continually, casually turn our eyes to sin as if it were not a big deal. It is a big deal. We are not called to say He is LORD, then live like the world. We are called to be set apart. I am not to judge another person's life, but I better be continually aware of my own life. I am not judging anyone, but I am calling sin, sin. If I do not see it for what it is, then I run the risk of blindly living in it. I have lived that life to the fullest and in doing so, I brought destruction upon myself. I have had so many people tell me that "at least I lived life to the fullest. That I had the courage to step out of the box and experience all that life had to offer." What, are you kidding me! There is no life there. I have tasted the true pain and desperation that sin inflicts. Don't misunderstand, I had lots of fun. There were lots of feel good feelings, but there was no life. "Christ did not come to make bad people good. He came to make dead people live." (Ravi Zacharias)

My son, when he was about 4 or 5 started noticing and pointing out how girls were dressed. Through the eyes of a child, I was able to see how he was seeing sin. As we get older, most of the women start dressing more modestly. Honestly, it is probably do more to our bodies changing than our hearts. I say this because look how we let our daughters dress. Many times, one of the hardest places a man can go is to church, for have you seen the clothes that many women wear. They are not dressed to worship, but to tempt. Men look at things like Victoria's Secret magazines, Swim Suit issues and other allurements, then say there is nothing wrong with it, for they are not showing nipple. Are you kidding me! I have said it before and I will say it again, "I made plenty of money with my clothes still on." It is in our hearts that God is seeing us. We better start looking into our hearts as well. Otherwise, we are only fooling our self.

Oswald Chambers, "Not being reconciled to the fact of sin— not recognizing it and refusing to deal with it— produces all the disasters in life. You may talk about the lofty virtues of human nature, but there is something in human nature that will mockingly laugh in the face of every principle you have. If you refuse to agree with the fact that there is wickedness and selfishness, something downright hateful and wrong, in human beings, when it attacks your life, instead of reconciling yourself to it, you will compromise with it and say that it is of no use to battle against it. Have you taken this "hour, and the power of darkness" into account, or do you have a view of yourself which includes no recognition of sin whatsoever?"
http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/my-utmost-for-his-highest/06/24/devotion.aspx?year=2009

No comments: